Mites & Lice

These parasites can cause a great deal of discomfort to your pet.

Mites
There are several different species of mites and lice that can affect dogs, cats, rabbits and small rodents:
  • They are tiny creatures, usually under a millimetre long, that live in your pet’s hair, on their skin, in their ears or burrow into their skin.
  • They are usually passed from pet to pet, but they can come from the environment too.
  • They can cause irritation, hair loss, dry/flaky skin, excessive scratching or chewing of the skin, inflammation and even infection.

Common mites and lice include:

Treating your pets regularly is vitally important. It helps reduce the potentially harmful effects of parasites, not just for the health of your pet, but in order to help protect you and your family. There are a variety of preventative treatment options available for your pets, we will be happy to advise you.